Magic After School Program
The Magician School - Magic After School Program
The Magician School is a national after school curriculum paving the way in teaching students magic tricks. Although based out of Des Moines, Iowa, The Magician School operates on a National Level teaching magic to students in schools. This is not just a bunch of magic tricks, but more so Social and Emotional Learning Components with Common Core Learning Standards all wrapped into real world tested magic tricks your students will have good success with! All the magic tricks in this program have been hand selected by the International Rising Star of Magic, Mikayla Oz. Mikayla Oz is a professional magician and paid her way through college by working in schools, teaching students magic and doing magic shows on the weekends. Mikayla then collaborated with teachers in her network to make magic an academic level program. This program is guaranteed to be an all star after school program. Check out the different programs with The Magician School HERE.
How does magic fit within your after school program?
The Magician School is a magic after school program which teaches students the fundamentals of magic tricks along with different social and emotional learning skills. It may can be difficult to understand how magic might fit within your enrichment programs. However magic involves learning new skills and techniques, practicing and honing those skills, and working towards a final performance or showcase. Here are a few examples:
- Practice and repetition: Learning magic tricks often requires a lot of practice and repetition in order to perfect the sleights and make the magic trick look effortless. With The Magician School we introduce your students to practice in a attainable and simple way. We do this by doing tricks that might seem a bit challenging at first, but with just a few minutes of practice they will master the sleights in no time!
- Goal setting and accomplishment: All magic tricks within The Magician School have a clear goal or outcome, such as successfully performing a certain trick. We have found that this goal oriented approach also translates to the classroom. Meaning students have specific goals or objectives that students work towards, such as improving their grades or learning a new skill.
- Performance and communication: In The Magician School we put quite a bit of focus on the words we say when talking in front of a group. Whether you are telling a story, explaining what might happen or using our body language to communicate something, these are all aspects we teach students during our 10 lessons.
- Teamwork and collaboration: Many magic tricks require teamwork and collaboration to be successful. In our after-school program, we often involve team building tricks through our warm ups, partner magic tricks and collaborative format.
- Self-confidence and self-esteem: Learning and performing magic tricks can help boost self-confidence and self-esteem. Magic is not natural, in fact it is often times quite the opposite. For example in misdirection, we often want to guide attention away from the sneaky move that might be going on. However, when a student masters these moves self confidence and self esteem goes up. This can help students feel more confident and capable in their abilities, which can have a positive impact on their self-esteem and others.
What Programs Do You Offer?
Kids will learn the basics to magic. All the magic in this program is with everyday objects, to show students they don't need any fancy props to start performing magic. All tricks have been real world tested in classrooms around the country, to make sure students have great success!
Grades K-2 & 3-5
Curriculum Includes 21 Pre Packaged Magic Kits, Videos and Instructor Lesson Plans.
No prior magic experience required